Protein Pumpkin Breakfast Cake
Add some guilt-free decadence to your morning routine. This chocolate drizzled delight is like a soufflé cake that leaves you feeling full and satisfied thanks to potassium and antioxidant-rich pumpkin and lean egg protein.
- 1 can organic pure pumpkin
- 1 cup old fashioned oats, processed in food processor
- 2 cups unsweetened Almond milk or unsweetened coconut milk
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 4 4 whole large eggs
- 3/4 cup Bob Evans 100% liquid egg whites
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice mix
- 8 tbsp vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/4 cup dairy free semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/4 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
- Preheat oven 350°. Grease a 9 x 13” pan with baking spray or extra virgin coconut oil.
- Mix pumpkin, oats, milk, maple syrup, eggs, egg whites, spice mix, protein powder, and half the chocolate chips in a large bowl until well combined. The mix will be very wet.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a rack to cool completely, or place in refrigerator to cool quickly.
- Place remaining chocolate chips and coconut oil in small bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir until smooth.
- Cut cake into squares and drizzle chocolate over them in a back and forth pattern. Enjoy!