Paleo Mocha Coconut Macaroons
Something sweet that won’t sour your diet. These deliciously decadent macaroons are grain free, dairy free and refined sugar free for the perfect healthy snack or post-workout treat.
Products Near You
- 4 oz unsweetened organic baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp organic coconut oil
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp raw honey
- 2 cups finely shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp espresso powder (or, omit for a simple dark chocolate version)
- 3/4 cup Bob Evans 100% liquid egg whites
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Melt unsweetened baking chocolate with coconut oil in the microwave for 20 second increments, in glass bowl, stirring after each one, until nearly melted. Stir to melt completely.
- In a blender or food processor, process the shredded coconut with honey until combined, then, add in cacao and espresso powder, salt, vanilla, melted unsweetened chocolate mixture, and egg whites. Process until well combined.
- Line one or two baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a cookie scoop, make 16-18 mounds on a large parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the 325°F oven for 15 minutes, remove and cool on baking sheet. Drizzle with melted chocolate if desired, and enjoy!