Overnight Blueberry French Toast Casserole
Indulge yourself with this Overnight Blueberry French Toast Casserole made with rich maple syrup, sweet cinnamon, and fresh blueberries.
- 1 loaf whole wheat french bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups Bob Evans® 100% liquid egg whites
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- powdered sugar (optional for garnish)
- Toast the bread cubes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place bread cubes on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Spread toasted bread cubes evenly in a 9x13 inch baking dish coated with nonstick spray.
- Sprinkle blueberries evenly over bread and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Pour mixture evenly over bread, cover and place in fridge for at least an hour, but best overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake egg and bread mixture for 25-35 minutes. Check the middle of the pan for doneness. If not quite set in the middle, continue baking and check every 5 minutes until set.
- Cool for 5 minutes and garnish with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.